Tuesday, November 01, 2005

As Clouds Kiss the Mountain


I found comfort beneath a drenched tent
Till morning dew dripped onto my forehead
One more minute, I said

I savor this moment of freedom
Atop a mountain, miles away
Away from the metropolis -- full stress and dismay

I open my eyes and sniff the scent of pine trees
I feel the rocks at my back
Still as cold as my heart

I crawl out of this passing refuge
I felt my heart skip a beat or two
I took a long deep breath, could he now be taking one too?

The wind brushed my long black hair
Blowing hard like madness
Blowing away my sadness

In a blink of an eye
Clouds blurred my sight
I was like walking in the clouds – what a delight!

One more blink of an eye
Clouds vanished into thin air
Clouds kissed the mountain’s cheek in swift flair

But this mountain I envy
Why I have no clue
But I know that as clouds kiss the mountain I remember only you

No comments: